The formula 1 season starts in Bahrain this Sunday.
The start of a new Formula 1 season is always an exciting time for fans of the sport, and the first race of the season is perhaps the most interesting of all. Here are a few reasons why the first Formula 1 race in a season is so captivating.
New cars and teams:
The start of a new season brings new cars and teams to the track, which is always exciting for fans. Each team has spent the off-season developing their cars and making improvements, and the first race is the first opportunity to see how they stack up against the competition. It’s always interesting to see how the new cars perform and to watch the new teams adapt to the challenges of Formula 1 racing.
Fresh driver lineups:
Along with new cars and teams, the start of a new season often brings new driver lineups as well. This can add an extra layer of intrigue to the first race as fans wonder how the new drivers will perform and how they will fit in with their new teams. It’s also interesting to see how the returning drivers have improved over the off-season and how they will fare against their rivals.
Uncertainty and unpredictability:
The season’s first race is always a bit of a wildcard, with teams and drivers still working out the kinks and trying to find their footing. This can lead to a lot of uncertainty and unpredictability, with unexpected results and surprising performances. It’s always fun to see the underdogs pull off a surprise win or to watch the established favorites struggle to keep up.
A fresh start:
The season’s first race is also a chance for teams and drivers to start fresh and put the past behind them. Whether they had a great season the year before or a disappointing one, the first race is a chance to wipe the slate clean and start anew. This can lead to renewed energy and enthusiasm among the teams and drivers, which can make for an exciting and competitive race.
In conclusion, the first Formula 1 race of a new season is an exciting and interesting event that offers fans a chance to see new cars and teams, fresh driver lineups, and a sense of unpredictability and excitement. It’s a chance for teams and drivers to start fresh and put the past behind them, and a chance for fans to witness some of the best racing in the world.
Are you ready for the new season? Would you like to learn how to stream all the races online? If you click the link, you will find an article telling you how and where to stream every single Formula 1 race in 2023 online.
Who has won the Formula 1 opening races in the previous seasons?
Do you see a pattern somewhere? Who do you think will win in 2023?
- 2010: Bahrain Grand Prix – Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
- 2011: Australian Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull Racing)
- 2012: Australian Grand Prix – Jenson Button (McLaren)
- 2013: Australian Grand Prix – Kimi Räikkönen (Lotus)
- 2014: Australian Grand Prix – Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
- 2015: Australian Grand Prix – Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2016: Australian Grand Prix – Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
- 2017: Australian Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
- 2018: Australian Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
- 2019: Australian Grand Prix – Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
- 2020: Austrian Grand Prix – Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
- 2021: Bahrain Grand Prix – Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2022: Australian Grand Prix – Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing)